A nice golly pin badge for Sywell Aerodrome in Northamptonshire. This opened in 1928 and is still in use for civil aviation, but during the Second World War it was RAF Sywell. It was used for training, and later on repairs of the Wellington bombers. Many aerial shots for the film 'Battle of Britain' were taken over the airport and nearby areas.
The Art Deco style brooch has lovely detail and a butterfly clip on the reverse.